Nov 4, 2007

Gingery Marinated Chickpeas

5 cups cooked/canned chick peas
5 to 6 Tbs. olive oil
3 to 4 Tbs. lemon juice
1 to 2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 to 2 Tbs. finely minced ginger
2 to 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup finely minced red onion
freshly ground black pepper

Combine everything, mix well, cover tightly, and let marinate practically
indefinitely. Stir from the bottom periodically during marination.

This recipe was given to me by Amy A. who was my roommate for a summer. She'd make this if there was a barbecue. I make it if I need to pack lunches for a few days in a row--it just gets better every day it's in the fridge and is a great picnic food.

No comments:

Presidential Mission Statement

As President, I would provide the citizens of the USA with an approach and a model for everyday eating that will allow our country's national cuisine to evolve beyond junk food, take-out and pre-packaged food without going too far and becoming heartlessly, standoffishly gourmet.

Since I'm not currently president, I've compiled my favorite recipes on this site so I can access them remotely and keep track of them over the years.