Nov 23, 2007

Everything but the Tofurkey

We had Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. Cooked all day and made nine dishes total for just two people. Even though it was vegetarian, it was pretty traditional, and it was probably the first time I ever really liked everything served at a Thanksgiving dinner.

We had:

Cornbread
Potato bread with black pepper
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Kale with Lemon
Cornbread stuffing with wild rice, cranberries and golden raisins
Wild Rice with herbs
Cranberry sauce/relish with orange
Spicy Tempeh Strips with sour cream
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream

It was plenty, even without a bird or bird substitute.

No comments:

Presidential Mission Statement

As President, I would provide the citizens of the USA with an approach and a model for everyday eating that will allow our country's national cuisine to evolve beyond junk food, take-out and pre-packaged food without going too far and becoming heartlessly, standoffishly gourmet.

Since I'm not currently president, I've compiled my favorite recipes on this site so I can access them remotely and keep track of them over the years.